Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Our Birth Class...

Ok. So I've told this story multiple times already, but I thought I'd share it here.

Jen and I took a child birth class a couple weeks back. The class was held Thursday nights from 6pm to 9pm. On the second class, we watched 3 birth videos. Wow. This stuff was pretty graphic - basically you saw everything there is to see. Everytime the baby would make it out and be placed on the mother's stomach Jen would start crying. That was sweet.

There was one video where the Dad in the video started crying... it was pretty moving and my eyes got misty. Anyways, during the third birth video right when the baby landed and I was fighting back my tears, I glanced over and saw this guy in our class biting into a huge burrito that he brought for dinner. I nearly rolled over in my chair laughing... here we were in the birth class, everyone fixated on the miracle of birth, my wife crying her eyes out and this dude is macking on a foot long burrito. This was a classic Homer move.

Anyways, the kicker is that during introductions this guy said that he was a researcher at the esteemed Google. I thought to myself, 'damn homey, they don't teach you basic social skills over there...' haha. j/k... wait r u guys hiring? j/k

1 comment:

serene said...

awww... great post dave :) this blog thing is an awesome idea! will definitely be checking in often!! the both of you take care- better get loads of sleep now while you still can...