Thursday, February 26, 2009

Diaper Day

Today's visit was low-key. Both guys were sleeping very contently when we arrived at the hospital so we didn't want to bother them too much.  Blake is doing well on his CPAP and they think he will move up to the nasal canula breathing machine very soon.  Jared moved to the regular ventilator. They are going to remove his umbilical arterial since we are pushing 2 weeks and insert a peripheral arterial so they can continue blood gas measurements.

As I was about to leave, the nurse asked if I wanted to change Blake's diaper.  Another milestone!  Although I was successful at removing the dirty diaper, I wasn't so smooth in getting the new one on.  I'm still very cautious and not confident in handling these little guys.  It's going to take some practice.

Dave thinks they have his nose.  I disagree, but you know these things change all the time the first few years.

Alright nighty nite.

No comments: