Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hold Em

David and I took his mom for her first time to visit the twins at the NICU. To my surprise, the nurses asked if I would like to hold Blake?? "I'm scared," I said. "I think he would really like it," they replied. They disconnected all his wires and wheeled his CPAP oxygen machine closer to me and I held my baby for about 45 minutes. He slept peacefully and stirred just a bit. I was able to give him a pacifier which he absolutely loved. So tiny, so precious, so fragile but at the same time strong! It takes strength to endure everything they've gone through in the past 10 days.

It was a wonderful, unexpected milestone. Of course this is the only day we didn't bring our camera so here are pics from David's iPhone.





As far as updates, both are doing as good as can be, finally starting to kick the wicked nasty virus.

Jared will go from 2 lasic? doses to 1 lasic dose a day to decrease the fluid his body retained. He's currently being fed my milk by a dropper in the cheek but will start taking a 2ml every 6 hrs through the feeding tube directly to the stomache like his brother.

Blake had a xray and his collapsed lobe in his right lung is looking much better but he will continue his mist treatment for another day or so. His feedings are going well.

2 comments:

jude said...

Hang in there Jen :) It sounds like the twins are making much progress in the NICU. Hope that the two or you and Dylan are doing well too :)
- jude and serene

DNO said...

Jen - that first photo is so precious. I am glad they are doing better. Hope you are getting some needed rest. Love, Bern